Following are few medical marijuana facts that we must know:
1.Medical marijuana is plant-based medicine which is obtained from the Cannabis indica or Cannabis sativa species with 3 major active compounds like CBD, THC and CBN.
2.The medical marijuana health benefits include relief from muscle spasm, pain and nausea related to chemotherapy, and anorexia.
3.Medical marijuana is normally used for
- Low appetite
- Muscle spasms
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sleep problems
4. Benefits can be seen in neuroplasticity, immune function, mood and emotional regulation, digestive function and vascular health.
Research is limited however studies of endocannabinoid system suggest different in numbers of mood or anxiety disorders.
5. Side effects of these medical marijuana are usually minimal if used at lower doses and include fatigue and dry mouth. At higher dose few side effects like paranoia, dizziness and psychoactive effects.
What is medical cannabis or medical marijuana?
The cannabis plant has been used medically for many centuries all around the world till the early 1900s. It may be difficult to locate any medical marijuana facts, as strong opinions exist, with both pros as well as cons.
Following are few facts about Mary Jane’s medicinal.
1. What are CBD and THC?
CBD is another compound found in marijuana which is not psychoactive. In fact, CBD is responsible for most of the marijuana medical benefits.
THC is psychoactive compound present in marijuana. Generally, it is responsible to create “high” feeling. people feel.
2.What are the various uses for the medical marijuana?
Various marijuana medical uses include both studied, approved uses and also off-label uses. As per research survey, most common reasons why people use this medical marijuana for
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Muscle spasticity
3. What are various health benefits of the medical marijuana?
Following are few health benefits:
- Emotional and cognitive modulation
- Modulating our immune system
- Promoting neuroplasticity
4. Are there any kind of side effects?
Side effects of these medical marijuana are usually minimal if taken in low doses few are:
- Dry mouth
With higher doses the side effects are:
- Psychoactive effects like mood changes or hallucinations.
5. Is medical marijuana now legal?
Already 23 states in the USA have legalized this medical marijuana with certain restrictions. FDA has classified it as Schedule I substance and hence it is still illegal at Federal level.
You must have legal prescription, authorization, or card/license to purchase medical marijuana.
6. How can you obtain medical marijuana?
Those states where this medical marijuana has become legal, shops and dispensaries can sell marijuana products.
Medical marijuana can be available in many different forms including in edible forms like cookies and candies, oils and extracts, also as plant that are smoked or inhaled.
7. Is medical marijuana really “addictive?”
There is very low risk to get addiction or toxicity of this medical marijuana if it is taken as per recommended doses. Though few concerns exist about psychological dependence for heavy users.
However, CBD oil can be useful for treatment for any marijuana addiction or abuse.