Liposuction is not an obesity treatment or procedure to eliminate stretch marks or dimples or cellulite. Its aim is aesthetic. Men and women, who desire to change and improve their body contour will find lipoplasty procedure suitable. Fat cells are removed permanently and body shape gets toned. Nonetheless, the person needs to lead healthy lifestyle to maintain this silhouette.
Liposuction reduces the fat cells volume within an isolated areas but make sure to get familiar with the pros and cons from this website – www.vegasliposuction.com. Just check the before & after photos to see how subtle the results are.
Commonly targeted areas for lipo treatment are –
- Double chin
- Inner and outer thighs
- Upper arms
- Camel hump
This fat removal procedure is suitable for people having good skin elasticity and tone, so that it gets molded smoothly into new contours. If the skin lacks elasticity then the skin gets loosened in the region where surgery gets done.
Men and women over 18 years having good health are eligible for lipoplasty. People with medical conditions like diabetes, weakened immune system, or coronary artery disease must never undergo liposuction procedure.
Lipoplasty for medical condition treatment
It is a cosmetic procedure but can help to treat conditions like –
- Lymphedema – A long term condition, where excess fluid gets accumulated in tissues, which causes swelling. This occurs majorly in legs or arms, so lipo helps to reduce discomfort, swelling and pain.
- Extreme weight loss post obesity – Losing 40% of BMI means the obese person will need help to eliminate excess skin and abnormalities.
- Gynecomastia – Men suffer from this condition, where fat gathers under his breast and gets enlarged.
- Lipomas – Benign fatty tumors.
- Lipodystrophy syndrome – In one-part fat gets accumulated, while gets lost simultaneously in another part.
General anesthesia is given to the patient prior starting the procedure to numb the marked area. Several common liposuction techniques the plastic surgeon uses are –
- Tumescent liposuction
- Dry liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction
- Laser-assisted lipolysis
The cosmetic surgeon may use any of the above technology but for this there will be a small incision/s made in the targeted region. A tube with cannula gets inserted inside this tiny cut and fat gets loosened, liquefied and suctioned out. The procedure takes 1 to 3 hours according to the area size.
Post lipo procedure
- Patients who had local anesthesia will be able to leave on same day and the ones with general anesthesia will stay overnight in the hospital.
- An elasticated bandage or corset will be fitted on targeted regions.
- Painkillers will be prescribed to help in relieving inflammation and pain.
- Significant bruises may be seen but it may disappear soon.
- Numbness may also be felt in areas where fat got removed, which will improve in a couple of months.
- Stitches will be removed in follow-up appointments.
- Swelling get settled in a month and the targeted area will appear less bulky.
- Severe bruising
- Thrombophlebitis or formation of blood clot
- Contour irregularities
- Pulmonary embolism
- Allergic reaction
- Skin burns
People who carefully consider the benefits and risks, who are realistic about their expectation, who choose board certified experienced plastic surgeon and who carefully discuss details about the procedure with their surgeon are most satisfied with their results.